At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
The product safety team at Beta is a part of the airworthiness organization and helps assure system safety by using techniques like probabilistic risk analysis, in the form of assessment methods laid out in industry standards like the ARP 4761.
The System Safety Engineer will be a part of the Product Safety team and will be responsible for performing and coordinating various safety assessments for the aircraft and its systems in accordance with industry standards like the SAE ARP4761 and ARP4754A.
The System Safety Engineer will work closely with Subject Matter Experts and System Engineering leads for various systems, to understand the underlying physics, the architecture of the system and its components, its interfaces with other systems, and elicit failure modes and their effects on the aircraft and its occupants. Also, the System Safety Engineer will advise them in making design and architectural decisions based on the outcomes of various safety assessments.
The System Safety Engineer will work with other safety engineers focused on reliability aspects to establish failure rates, and exposure times and calculate failure probabilities.
Responsibilities will also include liaison with regulatory authorities and the leadership team.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Markov Analysis
- Preliminary System Safety Assessment (PSSA)
- System Safety Assessment (SSA)
- Particular Risk Analysis (PRA)
- Zonal Safety Analysis (ZSA)
- Common Mode Analysis (CMA)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Enthusiasm for Electric Aviation and Aviation Safety
- BS in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Cognizance of SAE ARP4754A and ARP4761
- Experience and expertise in performing safety assessments per ARP4761
- General familiarity with Probabilistic Risk Analysis (PRA) methods and concepts
- Familiarity with FAA type certification process
- Ability to use the following tools or similar:
- G-Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets etc.)
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- MS in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with Reliability Engineering methods, including Maintainability aspects
- Familiarity with FAA Part 23 regulations
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.