Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Infotainment team is at the core reimagining what mobility can be. They are responsible for building the ecosystem that delivers a beautiful and intuitive in-vehicle experience to Rivian drivers and passengers.
As a member of the team, you will be working with business partners, software development engineers, testers and UI/UX designers to design, implement, test, launch, document, and maintain complex software applications, tools, and systems. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define how our in-cabin systems communicate and capture the customer journey. We are at the center of the infotainment experience. You will learn a variety of cutting-edge technologies, development processes, and develop well-rounded skills in leadership and design.\n
- Own and develop core software components and services that power our infotainment system, from requirement analysis, to design, implementation, quality assurance, deployment, and continued improvement. \n
- Innovate and experiment with new designs and processes to make our software more robust, secure, and scalable \n
- Work with cross-functional hardware and software teams to explore and define our next-generation infotainment experience \n
- \nBachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical fields (Master’s degree preferred) \n \n
- \n5+ years of experience in developing system-level software on mobile or embedded systems (Linux or Android-based systems preferred) \n \n
- \nProficient in modern C and/or C++ programming and familiar with Python and/or POSIX shell scripting; experience with Rust programming is a plus \n \n
- \nFamiliar with modern SoC architectures, operating system fundamentals, hardware/software interfaces and abstractions, and virtualization technologies \n \n
- \nSelf-motivated learner and problem solver with experience in managing trade-offs when defining solutions \n \n
- \nStrong communication and collaborative skills \n \n
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $163,500-$194,500 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.