Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role, the Sr. Staff Electronic Design Engineer will own electrical system design, bring-up and validation for current and next generation of Rivian electric vehicles.
This would be a highly visible role working cross-functionally to influence design, contribute to solve HW/SW system integration challenges and experience complete prototyping to manufacturing product development cycle.
- Own the hardware design and lead development of the vehicle electrical system by creating complete electronic modules from the ground up to Rivian Standards. \n
- Hands-on design and validation of prototype hardware and maturing the design by characterizing and debugging test vehicles to optimize your design \n
- Contribute to evaluating system failure modes, create and drive integration and validation plans and support the execution of these test plans. \n
- Collaborate with software and integration engineers to ensure hardware and software integration requirements are well understood and implemented correctly at all levels of the stack, on the bench, and in the system \n
- Simplify complex functions and features to their core components using first principles approach to drive simple and structured requirements and production friendly solution working with broader team \n
- Participate in safety and reliability reviews and contribute to resolving reliability issues for components, subsystems, and assemblies. \n
- Collaborate with reliability engineers to support DFMEA to drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning \n
- Drive technical decisions and guide the team in the right direction. \n
- Think holistically. Understand impact of your plan or decision to program and customers. Deep dive into technical issues to drive data driven decisions. \n
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position \n
- BS + 10 years or MS + 8 years or PhD + 6 years or equivalent experience in electrical engineering or related field. \n
- Hardware design experience in analog, digital and mixed signal and interfaces \n
- Experience with schematic design tools, PCB layout, FPGA development systems and tools, simulation tools (Spice, Matlabs, etc) \n
- Familiarity with C programming and microcontroller peripherals such as SPI, I2C, and other various protocols. Experience working with FW teams to drive and test and hardware requirements \n
- Understanding of high-speed signal integrity, EMC and other typical regulatory requirements for low voltage electronics to facilitate cohesive development with broader engineering team \n
- Proficiency on necessary test and measurement tools (Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, spectrum analyzer) \n
- Demonstrated strong creative thinking and problem-solving toolbox \n
- Ability to dive deep into electrical first principles and work in fast paced and challenging environments. \n
- Ability to collaborate and drive direction through multidisciplinary discussions \n
- Understanding of automotive requirements \n
- End-to-end product design/development from prototyping to mass production experience \n
- Have a fine eye for detail, yet the ability to ‘zoom out’ and see the big picture \n
Salary Range California-Based Applicants: $168,000 – $193,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental, and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is adequate on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.