Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, ML Acceleration and Performance, you will be a member of the Perception team at Rivian, which develops advanced machine learning algorithms that directly impact safety critical self-driving features of our category defining vehicles.
- \nDevelop, optimize and deploy ultra-low latency Deep learning/ Machine Learning algorithms for Rivian ADAS and Autonomy use cases. \n \n
- \nResearch state of the art model compression and efficient model design techniques and enable the team to leverage these across a wide range of customer facing features. \n \n
- \nCollaborate with the low-level software and hardware architecture teams to characterize the in-house ML models on our embedded platforms and optimize the models subject to the on device compute and memory constrains. \n \n
- MS. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or a related field. \n
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of deep learning, heterogenous computing, ML accelerators and compilers with 3+ years of industrial experience.\n \n
- Good team player with great communication skills to drive cross functional efforts in a fast-paced development environment. \n
- Research and development experience in the following areas:
- model compression and neural architecture search techniques \n
- knowledge distillation, pruning, quantization and quantization aware training \n
- optimizing and deploying inference on various embedded processors \n
- Experience defining compute architecture for efficient Deep learning inferencing. \n
- Capability to understand hardware spec documents and performance profiling tools. \n
- Strong Python programming background and in-depth knowledge of at least one framework amongst PyTorch, TensorFlow or MXNet \n
- Experience implementing inference logic from first principles using low level subroutines like BLAS, CUDA Kernels or C++ natively. \n
- Familiarity with ONNX runtimes and DL compilers like XLA or Glow. \n \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: [$184,000.00 - $211,000.00] (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.