Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Simulation team is building scalable systems to understand how our autonomy stack performs against a massive set of real-world and synthetic scenarios. Our goal is to have a very clear set of acceptance criteria, so that Rivian’s Autonomy team can confidently deploy leading-edge driver-assist features to our growing fleet.
- Design, develop, and deploy underlying simulation infrastructure to enable execution of autonomy features at scale. \n
- Partner with Autonomy and Middleware teams to develop use-case specific applications to verify performance. Examples include AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking), ACC (Adaptative Cruise Control) or HWA (Highway Assist). \n
- Co-design performance evaluation strategies with Systems, Safety and Autonomy teams. \n
- Connect simulation outputs with visualization and analytics tools \n
- Enable advanced Simulation capabilities, such as ML-training, intelligent agent decision-making and representative vehicle dynamics modeling \n
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field. Master’s degree preferred. \n
- 8+ years’ experience of developing production-grade software from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance \n
- Expertise in modern C and/or C++, as well as python programming skills \n
- Strong background in developing applications for Linux operating systems \n
- Familiarity with robotics systems, such as perception, planning, localization, prediction or controls \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: [$184,000.00 - $211,000.00] (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.