Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Sr. Perception Engineer, Sensors at Rivian, you will be part of the Perception team at Rivian. Our perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers focused on creating a real-time virtual representation of the local environment around the autonomous vehicle as well as determining where the vehicle is in the world, both globally and relative to its environment. This is accomplished by various detection algorithms on sensors (cameras/lidars/radars). The data from multiple sensors including cameras, radars, LIDARs, GPS, IMU, and ultrasonic sensors are then fused to create a complete understanding of the surroundings.
- \nIn this role, you will be responsible to provide specifications, perform experiments to validate and characterize sensor suite (radars, cameras, and LiDAR) specifications. \n \n
- \nEvaluate and support sourcing efforts for sensors on future vehicle programs. \n \n
- \nDevelop infrastructure needed to support for data collection, training, and validation. \n \n
- \nYou will work closely with Algorithm developers, Pose team, Hardware team, System team and sensor suppliers \n \n
- \nMS or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field \n \n
- \n2+ years of experience in related industry. \n \n
- \nHands-on knowledge working with automotive sensors – cameras, radars and LiDARs \n \n
- \nResearch or Production experience in one or more of the following areas using Automotive Sensors: \n \n
- \nUnderstanding of camera models, calibration methods, distortion models and rectification methods. \n \n
- \nLidar point cloud-based detection algorithms (free space detection, obstacle detection) \n \n
- \nStrong Python programming skills \n \n
- \nAbility to work in a fast-paced environment. \n \n
- \nAbility to be cross-functional. \n \n
- \nExperience working with 4D/imaging radars or Automotive Lidars \n \n
- \nGood understanding of recent 3D object detection frameworks with multiple raw sensor inputs. \n \n
- \nExperience of deploying ML models on embedded platforms. \n \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: [$184,000.00 - $211,000.00] (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.