Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will be a key member of a team involved in the selection, design, development and system level validation of SOC components and the in-system architecture requirements for deploying them in Rivian vehicles. You will work closely with the Rivian ADAS team and evaluate various architectures with respect to end-end perception requirements. This is a critical role that drives the architecture of the overall autonomous driving systems with SOC being one of the key drivers.
- Collaborate with product teams to distill the requirements \n
- Work with popular neural networks frameworks \n
- Understand overall SOC compute and hardware accelerators with all peripherals and memory requirements \n
- Design, develop and test software tools and compilers that enable state-of-the-art technologies on our next-generation hardware platform \n
- Driving analysis of Vendor Silicon & identifying system level bottlenecks \n
- Monitoring the performance of the hardware architecture in the field and refining the design \n
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position \n
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering \n
- 1-3+ years of industry experience \n
- Experience with ML Architectures and hardware accelerators \n
- Experience with compiler backend for ML accelerators \n
- Hands on experience with evaluating various state-of-the-art Deep Neural Network (DNN) architectures for inference \n
- In depth experience with the design and/or deployment of such technologies \n
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills \n
- Understanding of automotive requirements \n
- Understanding of autonomous vehicle requirements \n
- Understanding of the evolution of deep learning techniques and their impact on efficiencies on SOC architectures \n
- Experience with contract manufacturing and supply chains \n
- Experience working on high volume products \n
- Experience working in aggressive design environments \n
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $230,000 - $264,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.