Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is seeking a detail-oriented, data-driven root cause problem solver with the technical chops to shed light on the performance and productivity of the Commercial Operations organization. You must have an analytical and creative mindset with a passion for solving problems in an ever-changing environment. You should also have a deep understanding of the key drivers of operational performance and be able to communicate complex topics in a simple manner. Finally, you must have excellent interpersonal skills and that have been used to build trust with stakeholders and to create thought partnerships with cross-functional leadership.
- Be a key member of the Global Commercial Business Operations leadership team to drive operational performance, streamline decision making, and recommend solutions to enable the overall performance of the Commercial and partner organizations \n
- Generate insights and synthesize findings into simple concise stories to senior management using data visualization and PowerPoint based visuals. Manages different stakeholders and influences behaviors related to the use of the information by communicating success, concerns, risks, and status updates on related work. \n
- Presents and facilitates meetings adapting content to the different audiences. Experience in storyboarding and client coaching \n
- Examine key business data by identifying, cleaning, and providing analysis and insights. validating data fidelity and creating data where none currently exists \n
- Develop tools that deliver insights to stakeholders, automate workflows, and improve data accuracy. Build dashboards, tools, and predictive models for business groups to help visualize or monitor data in areas like operations, sales, performance, and/or customer engagement. Providing ongoing data mining efforts to key in on trends and areas of continuous improvement \n
- Key collaboration partners include Manufacturing & Engineering, Supply Chain and Logistics, Finance & Accounting, People Team, Strategy, Marketing \n
- 7-10 years of management consulting, corporate strategy, and/or business operations experience with focus on operations required \n
- 3-5 years of operations research, product development and commercialization, program management, and supply chain experience preferred \n
- MBA with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field like Engineering, Data Science, Data Science, Operations Research/Industrial Engineering. \n
- Experience in the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Automotive industries is a plus \n
- Advanced Powerpoint, Excel, SQL, Tableau experience required \n
- Experience with Python or other programming languages a plus \n
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred \n
- Excellent business acumen, deep technical expertise, and exemplary communication skills \n
- Ability to quickly understand and map systems, processes, and operations \n
- Experience in a dynamic and agile environment requiring high-adaptability, management of multiple projects, excellent cross-functional communication, and presentation skills \n
- Experience in organizational dynamics and networks \n
- A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting trends in it \n
- Continuous improvement attitude: ability to suggest and implement best practices \n
- Willing to travel (up to 10%) \n
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: [ $150,000 - $173,000 ] (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.