Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As part of the Autonomy Systems Integration team, you will be fundamental in the successful development and deployment of Rivian’s suite of ADAS/Autonomy features. You will be part of the Palo Alto based System Integration team which works cross functionally with Rivian SW development teams based locally and throughout Rivian locations around the country. This role is expected to be onsite, with occasional travel required in order to meet development and testing needs.
- \nDevelop and execute vehicle integration plans related to ADAS & Self-Driving related sub-system integration while keeping track of overall program milestones and delivery objectives. \n \n
- \nSupport efforts related to integration including overall vehicle build, commissioning/bring-up of various sensor & actuator systems, and developmental testing on prototype and production vehicle platforms. \n \n
- \nIdentify, document and highlight cross-functional gaps and dependencies - proactively work towards creative solutions to resolve integration issues and ensure vehicle functionality. \n \n
- \nDeep-dive into vehicle log data and source code if required to root-cause system-level issues and facilitate rapid issue resolution in collaboration with domain experts. \n \n
- \nSupport systems engineering activities including interface definition, development and functional testing in coordination with various vehicle-level systems. \n \n
- \nDevelop and execute test plans and automation for functional verification of autonomy SW on various test vehicle platforms - prior to hand-off to test & validation teams. \n \n
- \nPerform analysis of vehicle data to develop insightful KPIs to verify the performance, requirements, and safety of autonomy features. \n \n
- \nB.S.+ in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field with 5+ years of relevant industry experience. \n \n
- Strong understanding of dependencies between various electrical & mechanical systems. \n
- \nExperience with autonomy / systems engineering / automotive network architecture / vehicle integration. \n \n
- \nStrong working knowledge of automotive electrical systems and communication protocols (CAN, Flexray, Ethernet) and relevant debug tools. \n \n
- \nHands-on experience debugging complex systems that involve multiple ECUs with interfaces to various vehicle sub-systems. \n \n
- \nPython and/or SQL experience for data analysis, KPI definition and validation, and system performance evaluation. \n \n
- \nStrong understanding of automotive hardware and software development concepts including continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD) software development models. \n \n
- \nAbility to work in a fast-paced development environment -proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems. \n \n
- \nStrong understanding of vehicle safety concepts and testing-related safety procedures. \n \n
- \nFlexibility to travel domestically/internationally ( up to 50% ) to support various vehicle-level integration and test activities. \n \n
- \nClean driving record with professional experience driving prototype test-vehicles in test-tracks. \n \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: [$184,000.00 - $211,000.00] (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.