Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This growing role will develop and maintain the Revenue and Margin models for Rivian’s Commercial organization. It will require strong financial and analytical acumen. You will represent the Commercial Finance department while working closely with the business partners responsible for tracking and forecasting the Revenue of Rivian’s R1 and Electric Delivery Van (EDV) vehicle businesses.
- Manage the financial modeling and forecast for R1 and EDV revenue streams with a focus on Revenue. \n
- Partner across the organization to collect and review input assumptions and revise financial forecast system to align with business’ changing requirements; Focus on product mix, average selling price, and bill of materials for vehicles and options. \n
- Review financial results and forecast trends to identify areas of opportunities. Prepare insightful analyses, reports and presentations to support leadership and business partners in making informed business decisions \n
- Work across the Finance and Commercial organizations (Accounting, Sales & Operations, Product Development Finance, Corporate Strategy and Finance Data & Analytics) to support financial performance of Vehicle Sales \n
- Build & improve reporting to provide detailed analytics into R1 and EDV products. Partner closely with source-system owners to ensure timely, reliable data flows \n
- Support business case modeling for new products and business strategies \n
- Excellent financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to build financial models from the ground up \n
- Strong knowledge and experience with financial forecasting and/or budgeting \n
- Experience with one or more major BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, Power Query, etc.) Basic understanding of EPM tools (Adaptive Insights, Oracle Hyperion product suite, Anaplan, etc.) \n
- Flawless attention to detail, but also ability to see the big picture \n
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance or Accounting. \n
- 3+ years in Finance or Accounting (Automotive experience a plus)
Salary Range for Irvine, CA based applicants: $96,000 - $125,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law)\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.