Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Product Manager in the Vehicle Software team at Rivian, you will play a critical role in shaping and delivering the software capabilities of our electric vehicles. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, designers, user experience researchers, and external partners, to define and execute the software product roadmap. You will be responsible for gathering requirements, prioritizing features, and ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality software products that enhance the overall user experience and allow us to achieve the highest impact towards company goals.\n
To excel in this role, you must possess exceptional communication, education, listening, and negotiation skills to influence teams across the organization. You will collaborate with software engineering, design, program management, system test, marketing, brand, communications, business strategy, pricing, legal, operations, and privacy teams; tying all the pieces together.
- Define the software product strategy and roadmap for Rivian's electric vehicles, in collaboration with key stakeholders and senior leadership. \n
- Gather and analyze market trends, customer feedback, and competitive intelligence to identify new product opportunities and drive continuous improvement. \n
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and document detailed product requirements, ensuring alignment with the overall business goals and user needs. \n
- Prioritize features and functionality based on business value, technical feasibility, and customer impact. \n
- Lead the product development process, including coordinating with software engineers, designers, and QA teams to ensure timely and high-quality software releases. \n
- Conduct user research and usability testing to inform product decisions and validate product concepts. \n
- Track and analyze key product metrics, user feedback, and performance data to measure the success of product initiatives and identify areas for improvement. \n
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the software product portfolio, providing guidance and support to internal teams, customers, and external partners. \n
- A genuine love of brands that are focused on creating positive impact \n
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus. \n
- 5+ years of strong software product management experience, ideally with a consumer product \n
- Strong understanding of software development processes and agile methodologies. \n
- Deep knowledge of vehicle software systems, automotive technologies, and industry trends. \n
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear and actionable requirements. \n
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders and build consensus. \n
- Passion for technology, electric vehicles, and the automotive industry. \n
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities. \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $184,000 - $211,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.