Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is a Sr. Data Engineer position in the Rivian Enterprise Data and Analytics team .\n
The goal of this team is to enable timely, effective and safe sharing of data to multiple engineering, operations and business teams at Rivian for building world class data products.\n
- Build data ingestion and processing pipelines to enable data analytics and data science use-cases in areas of digital commerce, service operations, charging, reliability, finance , capex, warranty, customer service and others. \n
- Build modular set of data services using Python, SQL, AWS Glue, lambdas, API Gateway, Kafka, data build tool (dbt), Apache Spark on EMR among others \n
- Build automated unit and integration testing pipelines using frameworks like PySpark \n
- Create and manage CICD pipelines with Gitlab CI and AWS Code Pipeline/CodeDeploy \n
- Automate and schedule jobs using Managed Airflow \n
- Build the ODS and reporting schemas and load the data into AWS Redshift or Snowflake \n
- Design and build data quality management services with Apache Deequ and data observability tools like Splunk, DataDog , CloudWatch \n
- Provide a variety of query services with REST, Athena/Presto, server sent events \n
- Assist the data scientist within the data engineering team as well as other software engineering teams with data cleansing, wrangling and feature engineering \n
- 3+ years building data and analytics platforms using AWS Cloud , Python and SQL \n
- Knowledge of AWS technologies specifically MSK, EMR, Athena, Glue, lambdas, API Gateway as well as Python, SQL is a must \n
- Ability to assist SQL analysts and Tableau developers in business teams in creating the right set of materialized views in a SQL data warehouse like Redshift/Snowflake \n
- Knowledge of automation and CI-CD best practices \n
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: 163K- 185K/ year (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.