Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Autonomy Data, Eval & Triage Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of cloud digital experiences across web and mobile apps. To that end, we are developing a world-class cloud services platform that will support implementing fully autonomous self-driving for Rivian vehicles. We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer who will be triaging vehicle software defect reports (bugs) and can automate the process using the latest cloud services technologies, AWS resources, and UI frameworks. You’ll be building from the ground up with an obsession towards helping the Autonomy team go as fast as possible without impacting quality.
- Developing a visualization tool for ADAS data \n
- Partner with architects, product management, and engineers on requirements, architecture, design, and development plans \n
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications. \n
- Drive our new UX/UI ideas, communicate, and document them. \n
- Take the scale and performance of the applications to the next level using in-house, open-source, and cloud tools and technologies. \n
- Ensure high product quality by creating automated tests for the developed code. \n
- Good written communication and presentation skills. \n
- Master’s in computer science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent in related field, and at least 5 years of relevant experience; or at least 7 years of industry experience \n
- Knowledge of Computer vision or Robotics background \n
- Experience with MCAP, Protobuf and/or ROS \n
- Experience leading the project, bringing products from proof of concept to manufacturing and through market launch. \n
- 7+ yrs. of software engineering and web application development \n
- 5+ yrs. of experience in back-end languages with Python or Golang \n
- 2+ yrs. with CSS, cross-browser compatibility, and Design Systems \n
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.