Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Our Palo Alto office is looking for a highly motivated individual for vehicle-level testing of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomy features. The Autonomy Development Engineer will be responsible for leading feature testing and supporting the development of Rivian’s Autonomy program. This includes vehicle-level testing, tuning and debugging as well as ensuring market regulatory compliance. The successful candidate will be highly organized and able to manage fluid projects.
- \nDesign, support and execute development and validation testing, including data acquisition, to support the release of ADAS and Autonomous Driving features. \n \n
- \nCollaborate with engineering teams, test labs and government agencies to set requirements, create test cases, specifications, DVPs, and review FEMAs and HARAs \n \n
- \nCreate test plans, instrument test vehicles, conduct tests, analyze test data, and provide recommendations based on findings. \n \n
- \nIdentify, document, and communicate cross-functional gaps and dependencies and proactively work on creative solutions. \n \n
- \nDevelop and maintain a knowledge base including testing best practices, documentation, software tools, and automation scripts. \n \n
- \nDrive and evaluate prototype vehicles both subjectively and objectively on both public roads and at test facilities. \n \n
- \nSupport new product commissioning and development vehicle builds. \n \n
- \nDiagnose, root cause and resolve issues in collaboration with domain experts. \n \n
- \nTravel up to 30%. \n \n
- \nHands-on automotive testing experience flashing and debugging complex systems involving multiple ECUs and various vehicle sub-systems. \n
- \nExperience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet, LIN, XCP) and relevant diagnostic tools (Vector CANalyzer, Vehicle Spy, Python) \n \n
- \nAbility to work autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment, proactively collaborating with cross-functional teams to solve issues. \n \n
- \nExcellent analytical, problem solving, communication and collaboration skills. \n \n
- \nExperience working hands-on with in-vehicle data acquisition and logging systems. \n \n
- \nFamiliarity with driving prototype vehicles at (or over) their limits on closed courses. \n \n
- \nExperience in ADAS, Autonomous Vehicles, Vehicle Dynamics or related field. \n \n
- \nB.S. degree or strong technical background in Mechanical, Electrical, SW, Mechatronics, Robotics, or Computer Science / Engineering, Vehicle Dynamics or a related field. \n \n
- \nValid US diver license \n \n
Salary range for California Based Applicants: $116,000-$134,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.