Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The role will lead the traction inverter controller development, focusing on the embedded controller from the concept design to the production release. The role shall be self-directed and capable of implementing and testing the production solution in a disciplined manner but flexible enough to deal with the ambiguity during the development phase.
- Establish and maintain the bill of design for the traction inverter electronics \n
- Establish test and analysis methodologies on circuits and components \n
- Interact with component and manufacturing suppliers \n
- Design and verify PCBA along with key components in the traction inverter \n
- Take the responsibility of supporting cross-functional people of design, prototyping, testing and manufacturing for the team success. \n
- Collaborate with team members and lead inverter electrical design team activities. \n
- Minimum MS Degree in Electrical Engineering (Ph.D preferred) \n
- 5+ years’ experience preferred working on power electronics topics outside of academy \n
- Expertise in embedded controller design \n
- Expertise in high voltage power inverter circuit and knowledge on power semiconductors including wide bandgap device. \n
- Ability to design, analyze and document electrical circuits dealing with high voltage components, isolated power supplies and analog circuits. \n
- Experience working in lab environment with oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters \n
- Experience using engineering simulation software tools such as Spice, Mathcad, and Matlab/Simulink. \n
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.