Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Community Affairs Lead will report to the Vice President, Facilities leading our Georgia facility and is responsible for the policy related external communications strategy and coordination with the relevant internal teams.
· Strategize with Rivian Public Policy and Corporate Communications staff to develop and execute policy and communications programs for Rivian, ensuring that the company’s perspective on state, regional and local policy issues are captured across earned, owned, and social media platforms, and meet the localized community initiative needs.\n
· Build and maintain relationships with Rivian Plant leadership in Normal and East Atlanta, especially the VP of Manufacturing, Plant Facilities, Plant People Partners, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, University Relations, Plant Security, and Plant EHS leads\n
· Manage local and regional government/NGO relationships for Rivian’s Centers of Gravity with a focus on East Atlanta\n
· Represent Rivian as a partner in the community at important local and regional events and meetings\n
· Assist cross-functional Rivian teams in planning and execution of company initiatives requiring community and public sector collaboration (ex. Planning Commissions, Transit, Zoning, etc.)\n
· Provide regular status report of community/policy activities and recommend any additional actions that are required for a success of localized projects/programs\n
· Assist State Policy team with regional and state public policy initiatives and relationships
· 8-10 years of government relations or public affairs and other relevant external relations experience; campaigns on transportation or energy policy issues are helpful.\n
· The capacity to thrive in dynamic environments, while being flexible, collaborative and reliable amongst internal and external teams including innovative energy, automotive, technology companies or trade associations.\n
· Excellent writing and editing skills: you are known for crossing T’s and dotting I’s\n
· You’ve told stories through a variety of mediums: whether they’re in-person events, virtual settings, or in writing and can distill complex policy issues into clear, straightforward language that is understandable and persuasive to a range of audiences.\n
· Ability to consider the bigger picture and possess the willingness to get into the specifics when needed\n
· You are a passionate collaborator and love building cross-functional relationships\n
· Super organized: you have checklists for your checklists and can think 10 steps ahea
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.