Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Impressive designs achieve balance between functionality, manufacturability and serviceability. You are the driving force behind optimizing Design for Manufacturing and Assembly of Rivian’s future products, ensuring we can manufacture efficiently, safely, and sustainably. You will work closely with product design, virtual engineering, equipment and integration teams to dissect every part, and leave your fingerprints across both design and manufacturing. This opening will be located at our Irvine, CA facility and reports directly to a DFMA Manager.
- \nConduct DFMA studies at a part, assembly, and system level to provide design feedback \n \n
- \nLead static and kinematic studies to simulate assembly and equipment interactions \n \n
- Drive content reduction, assembly simplification, and build-in-quality \n
- Lead PFMEA, build sequence, and process layout development; host new product virtual builds with cross functional teams \n
- Support prototype and design validation builds: design and deliver proto manufacturing tooling, prepare bill of process, lead manufacturing trials, etc. \n
- Support manufacturing validations builds at Rivian’s manufacturing plants, working closely with factory integration and equipment teams \n
- Actively engaged in value engineering, challenge assumptions and break the status quo \n \n
- \nBachelor's degree in engineering or similar technical field. \n \n
- \n5+ years of experience in an engineering role related to DFMA, product optimization, manufacturing process or equipment development \n \n
- \nKnowledge in manufacturing and industrial engineering principles (OEE, cycle time analysis, DVA, Cp/Cpk, GR&R, ergonomics, DOE, quality control, equipment selection, return on investment, error proofing, supply chain & logistics) \n \n
- \nDemonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using first principles, challenge assumptions and biased towards action \n \n
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with cross functional teams \n
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. \n
- Experienced working within 2D & 3D CAD environments and various engineering tools \n \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $135,000-$155,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.