Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking for a Staff Analytics Engineer to support the Service Business Operations team reporting to the Manager of Data Science and Engineering. The Service Business Operations team works across the organization to use data to inform and aid in the strategic planning and operational decisions of how we allocate resources to support Rivian in its growth. As an early member of a growing team, this role will be responsible for leading the design, implementation, and deployment of data models and schemas to drive improved insights for our stakeholders. In addition, this role will also act as a liaison between the Business Operations team and data engineering teams to ensure we are building robust solutions to support the business.
- Design and build databases, data models, and data products, delivering clean and structured data that will empower Data Scientists and Analysts \n
- Automate processes including, but not limited to ETL or ELT, data monitoring, and testing to maintain robust data schemas and models, making that data available within our data warehouse \n
- Apply software engineering best practices to our analytics code pipelines (e.g. version control, testing, continuous integration) \n
- Maintain excellent data documentation and definitions for our analytics data models and core business objects \n
- Collaborate and partner with Operations teams and develop domain knowledge of Service Operations, processes, and data \n
- Drive the implementation of new processes and technologies to improve data science and data analytics team efficiency in responding to stakeholders \n
- 5+ years of professional experience after receiving a degree in a quantitative field. Experience with dbt, Databricks, AWS services (e.g. S3, Redshift, Glue, etc.) a plus. \n
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, or a related technical discipline \n
- Proven professional experience working through an environment of ambiguity with the ability to self-prioritize responsibilities and requests from multiple cross functional partners \n
- Experience working with technical teams, such as Data Analytics or Data Science, and non-technical teams, to gather requirements, build solutions, and lead technical design of data platforms in an Agile environment \n
- Experience working with two or more of the following: databases, data architecture, CI/CD, machine learning operations \n
- Ability to sit for 8-12 hours per day \n
- Travel requirements <10% \n
- Required to communicate using telephone and/or e-mail \n
- Ability to view, reach, and interpret documents \n
- Ability to perform all duties in an office environment that may contain ambient noise and temperature fluctuations \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $163,000 to $188,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Salary Range for Washington State Based Applicants: $150,000 to $196,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Salary Range for New York Based Applicants: $163,000 to $188,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Salary Range for Colorado Based Applicants: $144,000 to $166,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.