Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Rivian Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and exceptional Purchasing professionals to bring Rivian’s engineered products to life. In this role, the Lead Purchasing Manager will be responsible for sourcing and managing parts that make up the building blocks of the R1T, R1S, and Electric Delivery Vehicles. As a Lead Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the awarding of new business, developing strong supplier relationships, and working side by side with our engineering counterparts to push the envelope of our technical requirements. You will also take the lead in making sure Rivian can meet its cost targets, suppliers deliver to our aggressive timelines, and parts are received at the highest level of quality. In our team, we expect our people to own every aspect of the sourcing process from start to finish and everything in between. This role reports to the Group Manager of the Chassis Purchasing team within the Vehicle Team of Supply Chain Organization.
• Lead the strategic sourcing process by ensuring that the product is matched to the right supplier, and they are effective in delivering the product in collaboration with Engineering
• Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on Non-disclosure Agreements, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
• Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders while considering market conditions as well as technology roadmaps
• Perform detailed assessments of supplier quote submissions with should-cost analysis and implement cost reductions on prototype and series production products and services
• Actively manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics, plant audits and technical reviews
• Work closely with Program Management to track sourcing progress, execute product kick-off, and manage progress towards vehicle build events
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or a related field
• 7+ years of strategic sourcing, procurement, or purchasing experience.
• 3+ years’ experience leading RFI/RFP/RFQ processes.
• 5+ years managing commercial business relationships with large suppliers in an Automotive or other transportation manufacturing related firms
• 3+ years experience negotiation and managing Chassis suppliers
• Strong analytical ability to break down complex problems and data sets to derive meaningful, actionable results
• Comfort in working independently and in teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $135,000 - $155,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.