Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
You will be responsible for launching Rivian’s new products and increasing manufacturing capacity, from next generation vehicles to green-field plants. You will work closely with our design, DFMA, and equipment teams, supporting design validation builds and leading manufacturing validation builds, ensuring we can deliver better products quicker to Rivian’s customers. This opening will be located at either our Normal, IL, or East Atlanta facilities and reports directly to an Integration manager.
- \nLead manufacturing validation builds for new products – process balance, line layout, process validation planning, design & implement tooling, PFMEA, JES, labor optimization \n \n
- \nLead process and factory design of brown-field and green-field plants with cross functional teams – capacity planning, manufacturing strategy, MES & controls integration, etc. \n \n
- Define and execute on ramp strategies, balancing manufacturing validation needs and production loss \n
- Support in defining material flow strategies and presentation \n
- Support design validation builds of next generation products and provide Design for Manufacturing and Assembly feedback \n
- Ensure effective handover of new products and plants to operations and sustaining teams \n
- Actively engaged in value engineering, challenge assumptions and break the status quo \n \n
- \nBachelor's degree in engineering or similar technical field. \n \n
- \n5+ years of experience in an engineering role related to DFMA, product optimization, manufacturing process or equipment development \n \n
- \nKnowledge in manufacturing and industrial engineering principles (OEE, cycle time analysis, DVA, Cp/Cpk, GR&R, ergonomics, DOE, quality control, equipment selection, return on investment, error proofing, supply chain & logistics) \n \n
- \nDemonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using first principles, challenge assumptions and biased towards action \n \n
- \nDemonstrated ability to work independently and with cross functional teams \n \n
- \nExceptional verbal and written communication skills. \n \n
- \nExperienced working within 2D & 3D CAD environments and various engineering tools \n \n
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.