Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As the Manager of Application Development at Rivian, you will be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end software development lifecycle, ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality internal Product Development System applications that align with our engineering organization's goals and objectives. Your leadership and technical expertise will guide the team in creating scalable and innovative solutions that enhance user experiences and drive product development organizational efficiency and business growth.
- Lead, mentor a team of talented engineers to design and develop end-to-end services across web/app (React), backend (Node/GraphQL) and 3rd party \n
- Inspire a team of software developers and product managers, fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment. \n
- Provide guidance and support to team members in technical decision-making, code reviews, and problem-solving. \n
- Facilitate professional growth by identifying training and development opportunities for team members.Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of software development projects, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets, and quality standards. \n
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (such as IT, NPI, Supply Chain and others) to gather requirements, define project scope, and set clear expectations. \n
- Track project progress, identify risks, and implement strategies to mitigate potential issues. \n
- Define the technical direction and architecture of applications, ensuring scalability, security, and maintainability.
Stay updated with industry trends and emerging technologies, and recommend innovative solutions to enhance products.Implement best practices for coding standards, testing, and quality assurance processes. \n
- Ensure that applications are thoroughly tested and meet functional and performance requirements before deployment. \n
- Act as a liaison between technical and non-technical stakeholders, conveying complex technical concepts in a clear and understandable manner. \n
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other teams to align development initiatives with business objectives. \n
- Manage the allocation of resources effectively to ensure optimal productivity and project success. \n
- Monitor project budgets and resource utilization, making adjustments as necessary to ensure cost-effectiveness. \n
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience). \n
- Proven experience in leading and managing software development teams. \n
- Strong background in software development methodologies, including Agile and DevOps. \n
- Minimum of a combined 8 years of experience as a software engineer and manager \n
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an engineering manager \n
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages, such as Java, Python, C#, or similar. \n
- Solid understanding of application architecture, design patterns, and scalability. \n
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and microservices architecture. \n
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions under pressure. \n
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. \n
- Project management certifications (PMP, Agile, etc.) are a plus. \n
Salary Range California-Based Applicants: $168,000 -$193,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.