Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will be part of the vehicle modeling team creating high fidelity vehicle models. You will deliver integration of subsystem models into full vehicle model to support vehicle development. You will work with model owners to debug models and complete model tests before release to the rest of the team.
- Collaborate with the vehicle modeling team to produce simulation results to the business based on simulation requests. \n
- Create reports and summaries based on the results, highlight anomalies and seek out technical leader to solve issues before releasing data to the business. \n
- Support the Integration of chassis sub-systems models based in Simulink or similar into full vehicle simulation models. \n
- Correlate chassis subsystems and full vehicle models with high fidelity chassis subsystems for ensuring the correct functionality on offline and DIL applications. \n
- Develop internal integration protocols for full vehicle modelling software as well as Driver in the loop simulator and collaborate with internal & external model owners to ensure protocols are included in model development \n
- Along with the Vehicle Modelling team, define subsystem integration strategies for improving the efficiency of the workflow at business level. \n
- Collaborate with models’ owners to develop true real time models for use on Driver in the Loop simulator. \n
- Develop user interface for access to tuning parameters of sub-system models for use with desktop & DIL simulator. \n
- Running full vehicle simulations, post-process simulation results to draw actionable conclusions and draft detailed integration reports. \n
- An academic background in vehicle dynamics or control systems and automotive engineering and relevant industry OEM experience \n
- A strong understanding of the first-principal physics behind vehicle chassis systems \n
- Experience of building sub-system models (both Plant & Control models) in Matlab/Simulink or similar, working knowledge of FMI/FMU is a plus. \n
- Excellent analytical and root-causing skills complemented by a data driven approach to problem solving. \n
- Willingness to learn different modeling tools and techniques is essential, Prior experience with MSc Adams, VI Car Real Time or IPG CarMaker is advantageous. \n
- Prior experience with Driver in the Loop simulators would be advantageous. \n
Salary range for California Based Applicants: $107,000-$123,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.