Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are looking for a Lead People Partner to provide HR partnership to our rapidly growing service operations organization. The Lead People Partner in this role will collaborate closely with Commercial management to deliver on and operationalize our talent strategy in close collaboration with our Business Partner Leader, Commercial leadership, and Commercial people team by thinking strategically and building processes that are in support of organizational effectiveness.
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and people as you proactively deliver talent insights and help leaders see around the corner. \n
- Coach leaders from first line managers to Sr. Directors on broadening their own capability while building and leading high performing teams. \n
- Act as a frontline thought partner to leaders on all aspects of the employee experience: on-boarding, talent acquisition, promotions, change management, employee pulse surveys, compensation, performance management, career development, employee relations and off-boarding (logistics, exit interviews). \n
- Advance organizational effectiveness and solve challenges by tapping into your intuition, using good judgment, and driving data-informed people practices. \n
- Foster a culture of belonging at the individual and collective level. \n
- Co-develop and facilitate workshops and offsites to clarify team objectives (i.e. vision, values, OKRs) or team-building exercises (remote and in-person). \n
- Manage Workday transactions and ensure records are accurate, including new hires, transfers, terminations, job changes, salary adjustments, etc. \n
- Serve as a confidant for employees and triage inquiries in partnership with centers of excellence regarding benefits, payroll, leaves of absence, job architecture, investigations and career development. \n
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or Business Management; Master’s degree preferred. \n
- 5+ years of field operations experience with 2+ years ideally in a high growth environment, specifically with non-exempt populations. \n
- Employee Relations/Investigations experience gained in either a People Partner role, Employee Relations Advisory role, or equivalent experience \n
- Experience dealing with employment law principles and conducting and advising on investigations. \n
- Experience advising on a wide range of employee relations issues, including reorganizations and performance issues. \n
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to translate complex issues into straightforward communications. \n
- Proficient knowledge of Human Resources, policy interpretations and legal requirements. \n
- Ability to compile information and analyze data to drive decision making. \n
- Possess a high level of problem-solving skills. \n
- Ability to communicate effectively in disclosing or withholding confidential information. \n
- Ability to establish strong cross-functional relationships at all levels and geographies. \n
- Strong facilitation skills. \n
Salary Range for Southern California Based Applicants: $135,000 - $155,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.