Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Launch Program Management is a cross functional role that ties together product development and operations organizations to bring new vehicles to life. In this role, you will partner with the design engineering, supply chain, operations, production control, and manufacturing engineering team to first build prototype components, and then continue through start of production for the product ensuring that all Operations functions are ready to deliver high quality vehicles to our customers.
- Participate in various cross-functional Program, Engineering and Manufacturing Readiness forums. Provide clear updates on status and recovery plans for Manufacturing, production, and Engineering development as necessary at both working and executive level. \n
- Supports orchestrating all pre-launch build activities. Facilitate ramp management with operations teams, identify all needed activities with Manufacturing engineering, enterprise systems, product engineering and operations; and coordinate the execution and risk mitigation of those activities. \n
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, production, quality control, supply chain, and logistics, to align efforts and ensure seamless integration of processes. \n
- Support the operations readiness workstream, ensuring we meet target objectives and escalate/develop recovery plans as needed. Interact, integrate, and drive results across cross-functional teams in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, production, production control, sales, service, etc. \n
- Understand the technical and Engineering aspects of decisions being made and can clearly articulate these to stakeholders. \n
- Engage in root cause analysis to prevent recurring problems.
- Report and escalate project risks and support authoring tracking reports.
- Generate regular reports on project status, production metrics, and key performance indicators (KPIs). \n
- After the launch, conduct a comprehensive review of the process, gather feedback, and identify opportunities for future improvements. \n
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering \n
- At least one year experience in manufacturing operations \n
- Must have project management experience \n
- Must have experience with launch or related activities \n
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. \n
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.