Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian has embarked on a company-wide program to achieve the long-term cost structure that will the company to drive towards sustainable growth and impact. This program is designed to maximize efficiency across key cost areas, including but not limited to material cost, logistics, manufacturing, inventory and indirect. This role plays a critical part of this transformational change through the Program Management Office’s centralized reporting & governance, communication and change management, and sprints to stand up new project opportunities.
- Drive governance and accountability towards Rivian’s attainment of its cost reduction targets through effective management of specific cost reduction initiatives \n
- Work with business partners to identify cost reduction opportunities and help shape the strategies as to how these can most effectively be addressed. Support partners in sprints to stand-up project structuring, scoping and analysis, size targets and secure key stakeholder buy-in \n
- Provide regular reporting to senior leadership and other key stakeholders on progress, risks, and successes. \n
- Translate analytical findings into actionable insights and recommendations for process improvements and cost reduction strategies \n
- Role-model change management & Company values: operating with an efficient & lean ownership mindset, fact-based decision making, a bias for action, and Rivian’s Compass values \n
- This role is best suited for a candidate comfortable with driving excellence from a PMO lens while also deep diving into additional workstreams. A “week in the life” can involve preparing executive-level program updates, pressure testing program progress and outcomes, driving change through influence, or analyzing data to identify new opportunities. Comfort with a dynamic work environment and being able to shift gears comfortably are important contributing success factors in role. \n
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Program Management, Consulting, Transformational Change or Continuous Improvement experience \n
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent \n
- Proven track record in organizing, coordinating, directing & controlling projects of increasing complexity to deliver target outcomes \n
- Strong MS Office skills including proficiency in MS Excel and Powerpoint. Tableau experience a plus. \n
- Self-starter and sense of urgency to drive results and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment \n
- Strong interpersonal skills, concise verbal and written communications; collaborative instincts and the ability to influence \n
Salary Range for Palo Alto, CA based applicants: $147,000 - $169,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).\n
Salary Range for Irvine, CA based applicants: $135,000 - $155,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.