Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a senior electronic design engineer for the Infotainment hardware team, you will be responsible for supporting the development of Infotainment electronic control units (ECUs). Responsibilities will include schematic design, analysis, electrical characterization, validation, and working with various cross functional teams to take these designs from concept to scaled production.
- \nSupport in the development, validation, and scaled production of Infotainment electronic control units (ECU) \n \n
- \nBring-up and electrical characterization of power supplies, processors, RF modules, sensors and displays \n \n
- \nSupport failure investigations throughout development and production \n \n
- \nWork closely with contract manufactures and onsite visits to support major build events \n \n
- \nIntegration of Infotainment ECUs into the overall vehicle platform \n \n
- \nStrong analog and digital EE fundamentals \n
- \nProficiency in schematic capture and design layout tools \n \n
- \nLab proficiency – hands-on knowledge of equipment and good lab practices \n \n
- \nExperience in Python or other scripting tools for automation and test \n \n
- \nExperience using circuit simulation tools or MATLAB for worst case circuit analyses \n \n
- \nBachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related fields) with 5 years’ experience or Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience \n \n
- \nPCBA floor-planning, high speed, thermal strategy, layout constraints, EMI/EMC optimization, SI/PI, and mechanical integration preferred\n \n
- \nExperience in optimizing PCB stack-ups for reliability, cost, and manufacturability preferred\n \n
- Understanding of ISO26262 processes preferred \n
Salary Range California-Based Applicants: $130,000 - $150,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental, and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is adequate on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.