Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian's Energy Storage System (ESS) team is at the forefront of enhancing current battery products for existing vehicles and innovating new battery architectures for future vehicle concepts. The Structural/Materials Test & Validation team is tasked with testing and validating the structural functions and capabilities of battery packs to ensure they meet vehicle design and life requirements. This involves characterizing and validating structural subsystems and components from high-level assemblies down to the material and interface level.
1. Influence Battery Pack Development: Collaborate on the development and design of Rivian's next-generation battery packs for various vehicle platforms, including the R1, RPV, and next-generation platforms.\n
2. Test Plan Development: Create comprehensive test plans to validate the structural and mechanical systems and subsystems within EV battery packs intended for use in Rivian's vehicle platforms.\n
3. Design Validation Planning: Collaborate with design, systems, and reliability engineers to establish detailed design validation plans that characterize and validate system performance and performance degradation throughout their lifecycle.\n
4. Equipment and Fixture Development: Specify and/or develop the necessary equipment, instruments, and fixtures for various mechanical, structural, and durability tests.\n
5. Methodology Improvement: Continuously develop and refine test methodologies and, where applicable, automate tests to enhance efficiency.\n
6. Data Acquisition and Analysis: Determine the appropriate data acquisition, instrumentation, and sensors required to ensure that tests meet their objectives. Provide comprehensive analysis and reports based on data collected during testing.\n
7. Mechanical and Electrical Behavior Evaluation: Develop methods to diagnose and characterize the mechanical and electrical behavior of EV systems and subsystems during and after exposure to various mechanical durability environments.\n
8. Feedback and Root Cause Analysis: Offer feedback related to battery failure modes discovered in testing to Systems Engineers, Reliability Engineers, Design Engineers, and other stakeholders. Support root cause failure analysis activities during development, production, and after-market phases.\n
9. Documentation and Technical Memory: Develop, maintain, and enhance technical documentation, templates, and tracking of various technical aspects, including BoD, BoM, CTS, CTR, DFMEA, DVP, ADV Toolbox, Drawing Templates, and Lessons Learned.\n
10. Engineering Reviews: Support reviews for Product Development, Change Management, Component Technical Design and Supplier Technical Design and Validation. Ensure compliance with safety protocols.\n
11. Lab Management & Interaction: Provide oversight and direction to lab personnel, both in-house and outsourced, in setting up and executing tests. Maintain an organized, clean, safe andcomfortable working environment, following 5-S lab management practices where applicable.\n
12. Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional test and development teams to align test conditions and methods between ESS and other vehicle components and sub-systems.\n
13. Hardware Assembly & Integration: Support hardware assembly and integration concerning test and validation assets or related to interfacing hardware and connection issues with test equipment.
Salary Range for California-Based Applicants: $121000-140000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premium
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.