Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Automotive NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team. You’ll work with a team of engineers and scientists to investigate and analyze unique problems, identify innovative solutions, and deliver a world-class customer experience for NVH by collaborating with a diverse group of cross-functional teams.\n
As an NVH Engineer you will play a crucial role in ensuring the refinement and quality of our current and future products by pushing the boundaries of what can be done in a vehicle. We are looking for a strong background in Mechanical Engineering and NVH principles, and a passion for building amazing products.
- Build, refine and characterize Full vehicle simulation models (CAE), including Finite Element (FE), Statistical Energy (SEA) and Superlement models to identify opportunities for NVH performance. \n
- Utilize bench and on-road test data to drive simulation models and improve NVH CAE model fidelity to increase simulation reach and correlation between virtual models and test response. \n
- Work with NVH physical test and simulation data to build and refine NVH Simulator models (VI-Grade) to evaluate Vehicle comfort, NVH quality and character, and work with NVH team to refine user tactile and auditory experience. \n
- Utilize NVH simulation tools such as Modal and Transfer Path Analysis to understand the contribution of structure and airborne through different paths to characterize the NVH mechanism of our systems. \n
- Develop design solutions based on first principles, simulation, and test data analysis to improve product NVH experience. \n
- Collaborate and with a variety of teams, such as Powertrain, Battery, Structures, Thermal and Chassis amongst others to discuss and work with the system constraints to ensure NVH performance is achieved. \n
- Utilize coding and scripting (Python) to develop simulation tools to post-process large amounts of data and generate dashboards for easy visualization. \n
- Prepare technical documents, standards, and other visual representation to discuss and communicate the complex NVH data relationship discovered as part of your work. \n
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Automotive Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree preferred. \n
- Proven experience in automotive NVH engineering, with at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience. \n
- Strong understanding of Mechanical principles and NVH fundamentals. \n
- Understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and NVH measurement \n
- Expertise in Pre-Process codes ANSA/Hyperworks and Postprocessor META/Hyperworks. \n
- Experience performing Modal Analysis and Transfer Path Analysis (TPA), Operational Deflection Shapes via Simulation CAE using either Optistruct and/or Nastran. \n
- Proficiency in NVH analysis software such as LMS Test.Lab, Siemens Simcenter, or equivalent. \n
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. \n
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey findings and recommendations. \n
- Knowledge of Python and other relevant programming languages is a plus. \n
- Understanding of relevant industry standards and regulations related to automotive NVH. \n
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to quality and safety. \n
Salary Range Irvine-Based Applicants: $150,000-$173,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Salary Range Palo Alto-Based Applicants: $163,000 -$188,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.