Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Sr. Staff Software Engineer, full stack, you will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing web applications using AWS serverless framework for employees and suppliers.
- Work with product manager and business team to gather requirements and develop technical solutions. \n
- Architect, design and develop web applications using AWS serverless framework for employees and suppliers. \n
- Collaborate with the UX team to design, develop and maintain Component library for managing UI components. \n
- Develop full stack web applications using React, AWS Appsync, AWS API Gateway, Lambda functions, DynamoDB, and Elastic search. \n
- Hands on gitlab automation to promote code across environments \n
- Use AWS Amplify framework for developing Infrastructure as code and ability to build a new environment for key feature development. \n
- Produce bullet proof code that is fault tolerant, efficient and maintainable. \n
- Work in agile teams in a collaborative manner, perform solution design review, approve code changes, triage production fixes and resolve environment specific issues \n
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders. \n
- Develop, share and enhance best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations. \n
- 7+ years in a software developer position. \n
- Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem, Serverless framework. \n
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL models. \n
- Problem-solving skills, and ability to take ownership of issues. \n
- Knowledge of software development technologies, processes, and tools (i.e., Agile software development). \n
- Knowledge of web services / RESTful APIs. \n
- Bachleor's degree \n
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: 189K- 217K/ year (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.