Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
At Rivian, our Conceptual 3D Artists generate creative ideas and focus on artistic and aesthetic aspects to convey mood and style of the Rivian Design-language and concepts in 3D visualization Projects. You will be an integral part of our world-class vehicle design studio and work on visualizing advanced concepts and create compelling visual stories.
- Generate initial concepts and ideas for 3D projects. \n
- Build environments and context to support visual storytelling in 3D \n
- Develop 3D representations of the design concept \n
- Map out the narrative or sequence of events within a 3D project. \n
- Establish the visual tone, color palette, and overall aesthetics. \n
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their vision and incorporate feedback into the concept. \n
- Expertise in camera/vehicle animation, environment/world building, including perspective, lighting, composition, and scene framing. \n
- Ability to create compelling visual concepts within project requirements. \n
- 5+ years of experience in design visualization, game design, concept art, digital design, or a digital illustration role. \n
- Proficient in Unreal Engine as well as Maya, Blender, 3D Max or other polygon based modeling software. \n
- Basic/intermediate Unreal Engine blueprint knowledge \n
- Balances a 75% artistic and 25% technical focus. \n
- Capable of quick prototyping and innovative problem-solving. \n
- Efficiently develops meshes and materials, achieving 30-60% of the final design. \n
- Utilizes quick 2D paintovers for composition adjustments if needed \n
- Proficient in building 3D environments. \n
*Experience with VRAY and VRED is a plus
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $150,000 – $173,000/yr (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.