Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Principal Product Manager in the Autonomy team at Rivian, you will play a critical role in shaping and delivering the software capabilities of our Autonomy features in our electric vehicles. You will work closely with leadership across cross-functional teams to define and execute the Autonomy product roadmap. You will be responsible for scoping our Autonomy product, prioritizing features, and ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality Autonomy and ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) on Rivian platforms.
To excel in this role, you must possess exceptional executive communication, presentation, education, listening, and negotiation skills to influence teams across the organization. You will collaborate with software engineering, design, program management, system test, marketing, brand, communications, business strategy, sales, finance, pricing, legal, operations, safety, and privacy teams; tying all the pieces together.
- \nDefine the product strategy, top-level metrics to measure product performance, and roadmap for Autonomy in Rivian's electric vehicles, in collaboration with key stakeholders and senior leadership. \n \n
- \nCreate a cohesive product vision and experience across all internal product areas for Autonomy and align it with the engineering leads & the working team to increase developer velocity. \n \n
- \nScope, define, and produce high quality internal Autonomy software tools \n \n
- \nRepresent the Autonomy product strategy to the Rivian executive team and lead large cross-functional teams to define and document detailed product requirements, ensuring alignment with the overall business goals and user needs. \n \n
- \nServe as the subject matter expert on the software internal and external product portfolio, providing guidance and support to internal teams, customers, and external partners. \n \n
- \nGather and analyze market trends, customer feedback, and competitive intelligence to identify and innovate new product opportunities into our platforms. \n \n
- Track and analyze key product metrics, user feedback, and performance data to measure the success of product initiatives and identify areas for improvement. \n
- Conduct user research and usability testing to inform product decisions and validate product concepts. \n
- Prioritize features and functionality based on business value, technical feasibility, and customer impact. \n
- Lead the product development process including coordinating with cross software engineers, designers, and QA teams to ensure timely and high-quality software releases. \n \n
- \nDegree in Computer Science, Robotics, or other relevant Engineering disciplines \n \n
- \n10+ years of product or technical experience in robotics, automotive, AV (Autonomous Vehicle), AI, or related fields \n \n
- \n2+ years of experience of executive communication \n \n
- \nEffective communication and collaborative skills \n \n
- You are the type of person who will go towards fires \n
- You are not tempted to only follow the herd, you are constantly investigating differentiation and diversity \n
- You know how to communicate effectively with engineers \n
- You have a deep knowledge of the range of customers interactions with products \n
- You are a master at taking qualitative feedback and turning it into quantitative actions our teams can execute on \n
- A genuine love of brands that are focused on creating positive impact \n \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $230,000.00 - $264,000.00 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.