Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Responsible for HV Battery design for serviceability and launch planning, with a focus on product remanufacturing. Collaborate with stakeholders to define aftersales requirements, for the simplification of processes, parts and tooling. Institutionalize problem-solving in program pilot build phases, for readiness of new product launches in Field Service and Remanufacturing Operations. The Sr. Remanufacturing Engineer of high voltage battery will work onsite at the Tustin, CA location and report to the Sr. Staff Engineer, High Voltage Battery.
- Primarily responsible for HV Battery remanufacture business justification and launch planning \n
- Define return on investment, timeline, part level, process, tooling, PPE, and training requirements to remanufacture HV Batteries or field serviceable sub-components \n
- For new products and high severity field failure modes, perform first level triage \n
- Partner with cross-functional engineering teams (including reliability, hardware, software, testing and production) to identify and document the true root cause of field issues \n
- Develop processes for component function testing and system end of line testing \n
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities that do not compromise quality or safety \n
- Provide technical feedback to engineering design, reliability, quality and service teams, in order to improve current and future products or processes \n
- Leverage root cause investigation data to drive continuous improvement in to service diagnostic content, service processes, manufacturing and engineering design \n
- Embody a collaborative team spirit and organizational learning, in an ever-changing environment – train, coach and develop colleagues in all directions as you develop a culture of serviceability throughout the company \n
- BS in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent experience \n
- \n3+ years’ High Voltage system experience in the automotive or comparable industry\n \n
- Demonstrated knowledge of foundational engineering topics (e.g., mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area \n
- Experience with C++, Python, SQL, Linux or similar technologies at a basic/comprehension level is required, and at a level of synthesis is an advantage \n
- Proven success championing feature or attribute requirements in a complex, design-focused environment \n
- Established analytical and problem-solving capabilities, with an intuition for overcoming challenges which are unusual and complex \n
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication skills, to effectively define and resolve issues with cross-functional teams in a technology-focused environment \n
- Detail oriented, with the inclination to stop and consider the big picture at critical moments \n
- Able to travel approximately 10% of the time \n
Salary Range California Based Applicants: $121,000 to $139,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.