Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Policy & Grants Manager will campaign, coordinate, manage, develop, produce and submit responses to opportunities for grants, credits, exemptions, and other financial incentives and programs offered by local, state and federal government agencies, in support of Rivian’s core business operations. This role works closely with cross functional stakeholders including Finance, Engineering, Operations, Legal, Facilities, Sustainability, People and other teams to coordinate, develop, produce and submit high-quality applications for government incentives that support Rivian’s core business operations.\n
The primary role of the Policy & Grants Manager is to champion the development, production and delivery of major application packages in response to Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), Request for Grant Proposal (RFGP), Request for Information (RFI) and other requests, in order to secure government assistance for Rivian’s core businesses. The Policy & Grants Manager will work cross functionally within Rivian to assure that high-quality responses clearly communicate the Rivian value proposition, align with company strategy, pass through financial, technical, operational, legal and other approval, and are submitted on time.
- Must be proficient in working with and coordinating grant application efforts with key stakholders across the Rivian organization. \n
- Read, review, and dissect Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), Request for Grant Proposal (RFGP), Request for Information (RFI) and other requests to determine scope and requirements. \n
- Organize and analyze information, requirements, specifications and deliverables in conjunction with functional departments (i.e. Finance, Engineering, Operations, Legal, Facilities, Sustainability, People and other teams), and in accordance with grant requirements and company objectives. \n
- Establish schedules and resource plans to ensure all required application documents are produced properly and delivered on time. \n
- Coordinate activities through kick-off, status, review and progress meetings as well as analyze reasonableness, adequacy and responsiveness of data provided by relevant teams. \n
- Point of Contact with government personel for information, preparation, development of responses. \n
- Assure complete documentation is available for review prior to submittal, proposal has received appropriate internal approvals, and that all required information is included in responses. \n
- Perform closeout activities including lessons learned, debriefing and project handoff. \n
- Participate in Executive, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Legal and other reviews. \n
- Ensure alignment with corporate strategy and strategic objectives, promote Rivian technologies and innovation, and build meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders. \n
- Four-year degree in Marketing, English, Business, Communications, Liberal Arts, or a related field required. \n
- Minimum five years of proposal and/or grant management experience. \n
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and highly self-motivated with a proven record of developing customized, winning applications. \n
- Must possess thorough knowledge of managing large NOFO, RFGP, RFP and/or RFI processes. \n
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to interface with functional departments as well as other internal and external partners. \n
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic work environment. \n
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand environment while managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines. \n
- Proficient in utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite software. \n
- Understanding of financial concepts including balance sheets, income statements and cash flow. \n
- Knowledge and understanding of EV manufacturing and the competitive marketplace. \n
- Familiarity with various government incentive programs for EV manufacturing and EV charging. \n
- Relentless passion to improve the applicaiton process through continuous quality improvement. \n
Salary Range for Palo Alto, CA based applicants: $147,000 - $169,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.