Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As we develop a fully integrated experience in our R1 and future vehicle lines, we need technical artists to help raise bar for, in vehicle, real time 3D rendering, and realize the next generation of self-driving visualizations, driver aids, and other 3D eye candy.\n
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
- Develop best in class real-time 3D visualizations across a variety of applications within the vehicle. \n
- Author custom 3D art assets, shaders, and material libraries \n
- Create progressive, intuitive, and reliable applications for the Rivian in-vehicle experience . \n
- Collaborate with the UX/UI Team and Studio Team to realize beautiful, cutting edge 3D experiences. \n
- Test the in-vehicle experience in the lab and in Rivian prototype vehicles. \n
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues found during testing. \n
- Collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps, portfolios and intellectual property. \n
- Proactively improve the asset tools and pipeline, including maintaining best practices for integration into Unreal Engine. \n
- Profiling and optimizing assets for minimal CPU/GPU cost while maintaining high visual quality. \n
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Game Art, or related field. \n
- Prior experience with game engines; Unreal Engine is a plus. \n
- Proficient in DCC tools such as Blender, Maya and 3DS Max. \n
- Proficiency with real-time shaders and concepts such as shader complexity and draw calls. \n
- Knowledgeable with modeling, texturing and lighting. Experience with rigging and animation is a plus. \n
- Proficient with at-least one scripting language (preferably Python). Visual scripting is a plus. C++ experience is even better. \n
- Experience with source control; git is a plus. \n
- Experience in Game Development or VFX is strongly preferred. Automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is a plus. \n
- Good team player with great communication skills \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $147,500 - $169,950 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.