Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian has development centers in the Detroit area, San Jose, Irvine, and the UK, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
- Parametric 3D mechanical design of parts and assemblies used in EV power electronics. \n
- Create 2D drawings for parts and assemblies using ASME-Y14.5 drafting standards and application of GD&T. \n
- Make PLM coordinated revisions to existing 3D models and 2D drawings. \n
- Prepare data for release through PLM system meeting requirements conforming to Rivian standards. \n
- Generate CAD illustrations of assemblies and exploded views for use in assembly instruction documentation. \n
- Execute 3D packaging studies of design concepts considering package envelope, system performance and manufacturing feasibility. \n
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as CAE, EE, vehicle packaging and systems engineering. \n
- Create project status reports communicating progress and roadblocks. \n
- Minimum 5 years of experience using CATIA (V6 preferred) \n
- DFM knowledge relative to CNC machining, injection molding, die casting and sheet metal design. \n
- Able to apply DFA for manufacturing of power electronics and vehicle integration. \n
- Strong knowledge of GD&T and its application to part manufacturing and assembly tolerancing. \n
- Proficient with Microsoft office apps (Excel, PowerPoint, Excel). \n
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and a quick learner who is able to work in a fast-paced environment. \n
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting assignments done on time. \n
- Experience working at an automotive start-up is a plus. \n
- Interest in automobiles and EV powertrain architecture. \n
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $150,000 - $173,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.