Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements for the purchase of capital equipment. \n
- Work directly with stakeholders to develop and implement contracting structure for the purchase of capital equipment. \n
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of complex commercial agreements, including purchasing contracts across direct and indirect categories, development, production, and supply agreements, general terms and conditions, license agreements, logistics agreements, non-disclosure agreements and service contracts, all in support of Rivian’s business operation, and our vehicles. \n
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives to improve efficiency of legal and business activities. \n
- Support the development of the supply chain and manufacturing practice area within Rivian’s legal team. \n
- Provide accurate, timely and practical advice on a range of commercial matters arising from various transactions and projects. \n
- Collaborate closely with other groups within Rivian’s legal team and cross-functional teams and subject matter experts on matters pertaining to procurement, including commercial negotiation, resolution of contract disputes, quality concerns and warranty claims, intellectual property, import/export regulations and related compliance matters. \n
- Support continuous improvement of Rivian’s legal team by identifying and implementing new processes, document templates, playbooks, and training materials, and collaborating with internal business clients to develop and implement a variety of company-wide policies, processes, and guidelines. \n
- Stay current on emerging legal and regulatory trends impacting Rivian’s supply chain in all global markets where Rivian operates. \n
- Work together with senior members of Rivian’s legal team on project-based legal assignments and initiatives, including product development and strategic partner relationships. \n
- Provide support for litigation, dispute resolution and other matters as they arise. \n
- J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school, and an active member in good standing of the Michigan or California Bar (or eligible to practice as a California registered in-house counsel). \n
- At least eight (8) years practicing as an attorney, with at least five (5) years of significant supply chain transactions experience, preferably in the automotive industry, with working knowledge of applicable intellectual property, compliance/regulatory matters, cybersecurity, and privacy issues. \n
- Knowledge of automotive supply chain and manufacturing operations and extensive experience negotiating procurement transactions, commercial contracts, and contract disputes and resolution. \n
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills to express complex legal matters in clear, concise, business-friendly language with a strong record of effective cross-group collaboration, as well as the ability to manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously. \n
- Ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, think strategically and advance creative, legally sound practical solutions in the context of business goals. \n
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills, with attention to detail. \n
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative global business environment. \n
Salary Range for Palo Alto, CA based applicants:$205,000 - $236,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).\n
Salary Range for Irvine, CA based applicants: $189,000 - $217,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.