Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
• Design and Develop: Design and implement robust, scalable, and maintainable backend micro services and systems using Java and Spring Boot.
• API Development: Create and maintain RESTful APIs, ensuring efficient data exchange between various components of our system.
• Cloud Technologies: Leverage AWS cloud technologies, like Lambda/EKS/SQS/SNS/Messaging bus to build and deploy backend services.
• Data Storage: Utilize Redis for caching and other NoSQL / SQL databases for storage requirements.
• Containerization and Orchestration: Work with Docker and Kubernetes for containerization and orchestration of services.
• Messaging Systems: Implement messaging systems like Kafka for real-time data processing and event-driven architecture.
• Performance Optimization: Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and
continuously improve the backend for speed, scalability, and reliability.
• Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including frontend developers, DevOps engineers, and product managers, to deliver high-quality solutions.
• Quality Assurance: Write integration tests /unit tests and participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and maintainability.
• Documentation: Create and maintain technical documentation for code, APIs, and systems.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience with a focus on backend engineering.
• Strong proficiency in Java, Spring Boot, and RESTful API development.
• Experience with AWS cloud technologies, particularly Lambda functions.
• Knowledge of containerization and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes.
• Familiarity with messaging systems, especially Kafka.
• Hands-on experience with Redis for caching and data storage.
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Be able to work with different team members and be a true self learner.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.