Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This Licensing Manager, Regulatory Affairs position will directly report to the attorney responsible for leading Rivian’s site regulatory affairs function. The Licensing Manager will support Rivian’s regulatory practice by assisting with the preparation and filing of license applications and the tracking and managing of these applications and licenses. This position, together with the attorney and others on the team, will be responsible for the overall licensing process to support the sale and service of Rivian vehicles in the United States and Canada as the company expands into other markets.
- Gather information from various internal teams and business units that is required for the completion of license applications. \n
- Assist in preparing and submitting license application for the sale and/or service of Rivian vehicles. \n
- Assist in managing and maintaining Rivian’s dealer and business licenses. \n
- Contact local and state agencies for any assistance related to a license application. \n
- Facilitate full execution of license applications and ensure the executed applications are stored and tracked appropriately. \n
- Update management database for up-to-date tracking of the status of applications and licenses. \n
- Undertake special assignments related to dealer license and regulatory compliance matters. \n
- Other duties as assigned. \n
- Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certificate. \n
- At least three (3) years of in-house or law firm experience. \n
- Experience directly related to licensing, preferably in the automotive industry. \n
- Experience in MS Office, Sharepoint, Confluence, and Airtable. \n
- Superior organizational skills and ability to meet simultaneous deadlines in a fast-paced environment. \n
- Strong ability to perform job duties independently and as part of a team. \n
- Interpersonal skills to interact and collaborate with members on other teams. \n
- Persistence to overcome obstacles and to complete work in a timely manner. \n
- Strong attention to detail. \n
- Flexibility to work beyond normal business hours. \n
- Minimal travel requirements. \n
Salary Range for Irvine, CA based applicants: $107,000 - $123,000 per hour (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.