Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Establish and execute a cohesive sourcing strategy for electronics.
• Manage the supplier relationship at the executive level to achieve optimal supply chain solutions.
• Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP.
• Always stay alert on shifting priorities and constantly re-arrange cost-design trade-off tasks based on urgency and importance.
• Should cost model expert. Independently deep dive into every element of the supply chain, drive efficiency improvement and make data-driven decisions based on TCO.
• Expert knowledge of every aspect of market intelligence including but not limited to major players, rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, existing use cases, and proceeding technologies.
• Work independently with the Engineering team and CMs to determine technical design specs, customize product requirements, and reach business objectives.
• Use organizational insights to anticipate reactions, automate processes, and build the infrastructure of Purchasing functional excellence.
-Performs other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position.
• MS degree in business administration, finance, engineering or equivalent (required)
• 10+ years of experience in Purchasing/ Supply Chain management, including strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management in automotive or consumer electronics.
• Strong knowledge of pricing models and market analysis.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Highly organized and demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker. Ability to prioritize multiple projects, develop effective plans, coordinate change management, and see projects through to conclusion.
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $189,000 - $236,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.