Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Service Intake team within the Enterprise Technology Group created and improves the applications and services that facilitate bringing one’s Rivian vehicle back for service. With our systems, customers can request service and track their service journey, and our stakeholders, the Service Operations Group, can understand and respond to our customers' needs.\n
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, we want you to join our diverse, talented, and collaborative group, building large-scale business-critical applications using modern micro-frontends and micro-services. You will create reusable and modular frameworks and tooling, analyze stakeholder requests to uncover implementation options and join your teammates to build effective software. You will come together regularly with your team to discuss possible improvements to your products and create plans to implement them. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performing team early on and help expand our team’s technical foundation.
• Create client-side applications using React and Webpack.\n
• Create backend APIs built in Typescript and Python, running on the serverless stack in AWS.\n
• Collaborate with UX designers and product managers to propose user-friendly, immersive, and reactive applications.\n
• Come together with your peers to share ideas, ask why with an open and curious mind, and learn from each other’s diverse perspectives to deliver great work as a team.\n
• Develop, unit test, and document performant code, ensuring efficient browser memory usage and fast load time.\n
• Help define the architectural vision of the team.\n
• Mentor other engineers, helping them learn and improve.
• Clear and compelling communication of your thoughts and ideas.\n
• 5+ years of software engineering industry experience, with 2+ years of building large-scale enterprise-grade systems.\n
• Proficiency with Webpack, React, and Jest.\n
• Proficiency in building GraphQL APIs with Apollo.\n
• Proficiency using Python for API development.\n
• Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines.\n
• Experience with Agile and SCRUM in the software development life cycle.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.