Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Senior Purchasing Manager specializing in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) spare parts, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless operation and maintenance of our cutting-edge automotive manufacturing facilities. You will be responsible for procuring and managing spare parts necessary for the upkeep and repair of our advanced machinery and equipment. Your expertise in strategic sourcing, vendor management, and cost optimization will be essential in driving Rivian's success in this critical area.
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing strategies for MRO spare parts, identifying potential suppliers, negotiating contracts, and ensuring the availability of critical parts. \n
- Cultivate strong relationships with key suppliers, evaluating their performance, negotiating terms and conditions, and ensuring on-time delivery of high-quality spare parts. \n
- Oversee inventory levels to maintain an optimal balance between availability and cost, implementing efficient inventory control processes, and minimizing excess inventory. \n
- Continuously analyze pricing, terms, and conditions to identify opportunities for cost reduction while maintaining quality standards. \n
- Collaborate closely with quality control teams to ensure that spare parts meet required quality and safety standards, promptly addressing any quality issues. \n
- Work closely with various departments, including maintenance, engineering, and production, to understand their spare parts needs and ensure alignment with procurement strategies. \n
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and company policies related to purchasing and sourcing activities. \n
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business, or a related field; Master's degree is a plus. \n
- Proven experience in purchasing and procurement, with at least 5 years of experience in MRO procurement, preferably in the automotive industry. \n
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills. \n
- Excellent knowledge of sourcing strategies, supply chain management, and inventory control. \n
- Familiarity with automotive spare parts and manufacturing equipment is a plus. \n
- Proficiency in using procurement software and tools. \n
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. \n
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. \n
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $121,000 - $145,950 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.